Organic Premium Yacon Root Syrup
Prebiotic Dietetic Food, Extremely Low GI, Low-Calorie Natural Sweetener
Ingredients: 100% Organic Yacon Root Syrup
Organic Certifications: USDA, EU
- Certified Organic
- Very Low GI < 1
Nature's Superfoods Organic Yacon Root Syrup is made from Yacon roots that are found in the Andes of Peru and Ecuador, and is traditionally used as a means to control blood sugar and improve digestion. It is ideal as a prebiotic, low-calorie food for those on weight-control diets, cancer-fighting diets, for diabetics and for those who want to avoid calorie-laden processed snacks.
YACON ROOT SYRUP: Naturally contains 35-50% FOS (fructo-oligosaccharides) and a low proportion of simple sugars. The sweetness comes from a high concentration of inulin, a complex sugar that breaks down slowly into fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS). Yacon also boasts a good amount of minerals such as potassium, calcium, phosphorous and iron, as well as 20 amino acids. It also contains a rich amount of antioxidants and glyconutrients.
Yacon root syrup has a very low in Glycemic Index (GI) < 1 and hence, it is a good dietetic and diabetic food and natural sweetener.
Botanical Name: Smallanthus sonchifolius
- Weight control
- Improves metabolism and digestion
- Prevents constipation, normalize bowel movements
- Protects against osteoporosis
- Improves absorption of nutrients
- Helps lower blood sugar and regulate
How To Use:
1) Yacon syrup has a pleasant caramel-like, molasses flavor. It is thick and sticky and it easily substitutes for maple sugar or molasses in recipes and brown sugar in baking.
2) Sweeten beverages (but not too much as it is a prebiotic food).
3) Use it in the same amount as you would honey in a recipe.
Suggested serving: 1-2 teaspoons a day
Product of Peru