Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
Ingredients: 100% Organic Ceylon Cinnamon powder
Certified organic: USDA, EU, JAS
- No artificial additives, flavorings or preservatives
- Low GI
Nature's Superfoods' Ceylon Cinnamon Powder is known for its antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal and anti-inflammatory benefits.
Aside from its powerful antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties, Ceylon cinnamon is also anti-diabetic as it is known for lowering blood sugar levels. Evidence suggests that cinnamon increases insulin sensitivity and thus, prevents and controls elevated blood glucose levels. According to a study, cinnamon can also help with heart health by reducing several common risk factors of heart disease such as high cholesterol levels and high triglyceride levels. Additionally, it is also reported to help protect against neurological diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Antimicrobial – Supports immune system
- High in antioxidants, such as polyphenols
- Helps with lowering blood glucose level, Antidiabetic
- Keeps heart healthy – Helps reduce risks of cardiovascular diseases
- Can help maintain good total cholesterol levels
How To Use:
1) Add 1 Teaspoon of cinnamon to warm beverages to help reduce cold and flu effects. Cinnamon goes very well with chocolate recipes.
2) Add 1 Teaspoon cinnamon to your lattes, desserts and variety of dishes to enjoy that subtly sweet flavour.
Suggested daily intake: ½-1 teaspoon (1-3g) for adults.
Caution: Cinnamon might decrease blood sugar levels which could interact with Diabetes medications that also decrease blood sugar level. Taking both cinnamon and diabetes medication might cause blood sugar to go too low. Be sure to consult your doctor beforehand for safe consumption practices, or consume cinnamon and your diabetes medication at different times.
Product of Sri Lanka